Diane E. Frazier, Esq.
Diane E. Frazier is a partner at Bogdan Lasky & Frazier LLC, a leading government relations firm in Albany, NY. Diane has been with the firm for over 10 years specializing in representing clients in the energy and telecommunications sectors, health care insurers and professionals, real estate developers, and a variety of other corporations, not-for-profits and trade associations. She possesses a strong background in legislative law and provides her clients with a wealth of knowledge and experience related to regulatory matters across a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- On behalf of a major energy corporation successfully defended against a new, multi-million dollar energy assessment as proposed in the state budget.
- On behalf of major public employee union, wrote and helped enact historic legislation designed to prevent employers from engaging in unfair labor practices under the state’s Taylor law.
- On behalf of major telecommunications corporation worked to defeat myriad new taxes and onerous, consumer legislation aimed at wireless carriers.
- On behalf of Upstate health insurer, developed and advanced legislative package to reform small and individual markets and improve access to health care.
- On behalf of retail real estate developers’ association authored and advanced legislation to modernize state’s urban redevelopment law.
- On behalf of professional association for advanced nurses led efforts to enact regulations to expand ability to practice in ambulatory surgery settings and separately negotiated and ultimately defended against restrictive regulations that would have negatively impacted the profession.
- On behalf of a trade association, secured and later defended an annual multi-million dollar share in revenues related to the installation of gaming devices at thoroughbred racetracks.
Shell Energy, Sprint-Nextel, Sergeants Benevolent Association, New York State Association of Nurse Anesthetists, International Council of Shopping Centers, Society of New York Office Based Surgery Facilities, Astra-Zeneca Pharmaceutical Corporation, Entertainment Software Association, Motion Picture Association, Toy Industry Association, and Wine Institut.
Ms. Frazier spent 3 years in the New York State Senate as Assistant Counsel to the Majority Leader. She was responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating legislation and budgetary items for the Standing Committees on Environmental Conservation, Consumer Protection and Agriculture.
In 1999, she was assigned lead counsel and coordinator for the Senate Majority Task Force on Privacy Invasion and was principally responsible for reviewing over 70 pieces of privacy-related legislation.
Prior to her work in the Senate, Ms. Frazier was Associate Counsel to the New York State Assembly Minority. Ms. Frazier also worked for the Director of Legal Affairs at the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and interned with the Honorable G. Thomas Moynihan, Supreme Court Judge, and Warren County, NY.
Ms. Frazier holds a B.A. magna cum laude in Political Science from Providence College and a J.D. from Albany Law School of Union University. She currently resides in Albany with her husband and two children.
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org